Monday, September 14, 2009

We're Back!

Can't believe how long it has been since my last post. For those of you who didn't know, we moved on July 5th. We have been covered up in boxes! We have some furniture and some is on the way. The girl's room is a mess. Tripp and I are sleeping in the future guest room ( I am insisting on a King size bed). We have had several guests and its really embarassing how bad the place looks.
Update on Ella: She is really growing up and can be very helpful. She scales the steps quickly and pretty safely and helps with keeping up with Soda in the house. It is almost 3x the size of our tiny, tiny house. She loves that we live on a cul-de-sac and always wants to play with the neighbors. She recently took off her "swimmies" at a friend's pool party and now dives down into the shallow end and retrieves toys. Brave girl.
Update on Soda Pop: She is a mess. She is so sassy one minute and sweet as pie the next. If you say something she doesn't like she screws up her face and talks in a really ugly tone of voice back. She still occasionally pinches Ella, but has stopped biting. She is still scared of the dogs. She has become very good on the stairs. She will swim in the pool without us holding her. She is less shy, except around men. She won't talk or look at them at first, then wont leave them alone 5 minutes later. She is wearing panties 24/7, but has had a few accidents. Especially when her Daddy gets lazy and didn't make her go potty before bed. She sits in grown-up chairs and fusses about riding in the cart. She is always covered in ant bites and mosquito bites. She tries to be everyone's Mommy.
Update on Big Daddy: Tripp is being deployed in jan to Afghanistan. He will start training in GA on Oct 1. He is super busy trying to get the business ready for his accountant, Bob Avery to take over while he is gone. He has too many other responsibilities and can't say no. He also recently lost an Uncle and was a pallbearer in the funeral.
Update on me: Not much is new. I did finish my fellowship in June. I am an attending physician at USC Pulm, Richland and go to Kershaw Med Ctr occasonially. So far, so good. I have to take my pulmonary boards in Oct and I am very nervous about that. I went to a board review in sunny AZ and the temp was over 110 3 days in a row. Yuck. And they don't have sweet tea- disaster. And all my flights were delayed and I almost missed my connection back to Cola. I was running and wheezing all over ATL airport. Just like on TV.
We will take some pics of the house soon and post them. And some of the girls. They look the same....Ella is my mini-me and Sophia looks like someone else's child....


No comments: